View Single Post
Old 2008-03-30, 22:04   Link #66
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC View Post
The two types(?) of talents that I can define is one where you are naturally gifted with genetics or two you gain the talent through hard work. If you look at a Labrador dog, the dog is very talented at swimming. A different breed of dog can swim too but the Labrador will win a race in swimming if both dogs have put the same effort in training. However, if the non-Labrador breed has swam and put hard efforts to swimming then that dog can overcome the Labrador breed.

Some are more talented since they were born, and the only way to overcome those individuals is to work hard.
So imo, there are talents that you are born with. Everyone has talents, just different.

That can also be false because then you are saying if both individuals work on the same field of the subject for 15 years, then they should both get the same marks. That can be true but in that case, whoever is more gifted in the subject will win.
Its an open argument. I am not going to argue more than that. Simply Some belive in it and some dont. I Dont belive in natural born talent.

However i do belive in being born with higher or lower IQ. And using that IQ one can obtain talents through hardwork.

You are not born with talent. However You are born with diffrent IQ levels. And how you use your IQ and intellegence determines how much talent you have.

So No I dont belive people are born with talent itself. But people can Bring out their potentials with hardwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC View Post
Thats somewhat my opinion as well. I honestly do not think anyone can just become Einstein through hard work. If George Bush and Einstein went through the same life style, well I dont think the results will be the same.
If people think they cant, then they cant. But people who think they can, They can.

By saying " I honestly do not think anyone can just become Einstein through hard work" , is just admitting defeat before you even start ( i am talking in a general sense here *_* ).

Yes Any one can become an Einstein through hard work. But you have to realize what that hardwork mean. It means If you want to get a Noble prize in chemistry ( just an example) You have to eat chemistry ( Figure of speech), walk chemistry, sleep chemistry and .... . Your whole life has to be chemistry and then yes you can.

Becoming like Einestein requires one to cut back on anime, dates, movies, games and ... . So yeah , through hardwork anything is possible. And people themselves decide if that is worth the effort or not.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2008-03-30 at 22:15.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote