View Single Post
Old 2008-10-26, 09:54   Link #100
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But DF users aren't really common on the Grand Line... the people just aren't surprised very much to see them, but considering, that they most likely originate in the Grand Line, this is nothing unexpected. Besides: Wasn't it said, that DFs are limited in number? I think I remember something like this.
Comparing the amount of Devil Fruit users we've seen in East Blue with those in the Grand Line, the difference is phenominal. Granted, we didn't see all of East Blue; but the fact that, as you stated, people aren't as shocked to see them is most likely due to exposure as opposed to the often shocked expressions worn by those in East Blue.

Yes Devil Fruits are limited in number because each fruit blooms only once in a human generation (at least that's what I believe was said at some point). This way, no two individuals will have the same Devil Fruit. But there are still a startling amount of Devil Fruits and they seem to get very specific in terms of type, just look at the Zoan models.

Really though, I'm just making this argument as a way on un-deifying "Haki," it just feels like people are making too big a deal out of it. Much the same way Luffy's Gomu Gomu powers became common-place in the Grand Line, "Haki" seems directed towards being quite the normal occurance in the "New World" (an entire island society seems at least relatively versed in it's usage).

To me, Haki has become sort of like a dormant power, an "inner devil fruit"; I feel it's something everyone has potential to unlock, but not all achieve and even then it manifests itself in various ways. It's like a DF ability that requires actual work to get.

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2008-10-27 at 09:13.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote