Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-18, 17:31   Link #278
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Yes, if she was trying to kill Yuki, then she would've blown all the bombs at once.

The fourth explains this by saying that she was actually trying to get him on the scene. Killing Yuki in the process of killing the fourth would have just been a secondary benefit.
She could have stabbed Yuki to deah and then went bombing the school to get the 4th to come out. Like that she would 100% get at least one bird, and the most pathetic one at that.

Quote:
It was two strong characters (Yuno and the 4th) and one weak character (Yuki) vs. one strong character (9th). So it's not entirely ridiculous that the 3-person team would win.

The main character plot armor definitely is a problem with shows like this though, although I'd imagine it's hard to avoid for writers. If we have side character vs side character, then people will complain, "Why should we care about either of them?" I'm sure there's some middle ground that writers should be aiming for.
I didn't mean this fight in particular but over all. If I had to choose which one to watch I would go for side VS side than main VS side because the later one can be predicted without even trying.

And to be fully truthul I'll better watch insane people going at it despite not knowing who they are than keep watching a crying baby

I can understand him and all but why mangakas are so obessed with pathetic main characters? I mean come on! Is it really that hard to create a decent main character who is not crying each 5 seconds? This kind of people do improve and all but to be totally fair, in real life he would've been dead more than 20 times by now.