View Single Post
Old 2012-01-28, 16:30   Link #25
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Spoiler for IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE, TAKE THIS:

Just when I thought Shinobu had stolen the show, Tsukihi walks in, slams the door shut, and returns with a smile and a kitchen knife. Honestly, what cracked me up wasn't the knife, it was the pot lid shield. What kind of fracas was she anticipating? More importantly, which of them was she planning on giving the business end of the Ginsu to?

Hanekawa is delightfully kind, yet unnerving as always. I miss the braids, but sometimes a girl's gotta make a change. Especially after getting her heart broken.

So much to get through with Shinobu's ample screen time. I guess I would be sullen and reserved too if I had to listen to Meme's stories all day. As an anime-only viewer, I can only speculate, but I'm guessing her sudden acting out shows that she's processed whatever has kept her looking so defeated and quiet for so many months, presumably her "defeat" or whatever it was at Oshio and Araragi's hands. Of note was her suggestion that Araragi should kill her to sever his link to the supernatural. Obviously that goes against everything he's about, but I have to wonder if she's really suggesting it for his benefit, or if she's just so miserable existing in her current state that she wants out. Either way, it's probably important that he does have an out, if she dies. I wonder, then, what happens if she kills him, as she's threatened to do? Is he keeping her alive, or keeping her chained?

All that aside, Maaya Sakamoto exceeded my sky-high expectations. "Ka-ka!" So haughty and disdainful, even when she's toying with Araragi. Even when she's clearly being affectionate, too, though how much of that is simply because she has no one else but him, I can't tell.

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2012-01-28 at 16:40.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote