View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 20:54   Link #432
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, no, Kirito didn't necessarily want to take Asuna anywhere at that point. Asuna wanted to take a leave from the guild so she can spend time partying with Kirito. Kirito merely agreed that she could tag along with him; the whole thing was her choice and her idea, not his. It's not really up to Kirito to take responsibility for Asuna's request, but the guild leader just suckered him into it because he knew he'd jump at the chance at a good fight. I mean, it wasn't necessarily a bad strategic decision to take advantage of Kirito in this case (since they did want the extra player), but I'm not sure it's really justified (except in the "the ends justify the means" sense). In the end, Kirito didn't necessarily mind joining the guild anyway, so all's well that ends well, I guess. But yeah, if Asuna wants to take leave, it shouldn't matter who she wants to spend her time with; Heathcliff was butting into her private life because she had something he wanted (Kirito).
Well all fine and good but he, if I interepreted that long pause correctly, somehow cheated in the fight.
The scene appeared to Kirito not being able to move for a few seconds, or his moves being delayed while hearthcliffs were a lot faster.
Might be just for the effect of a beater having lost though.
Still the scene was pretty strange...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote