View Single Post
Old 2006-10-30, 13:19   Link #104
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

It seems like only yesterday that I did the first wallpaper for you guys. Now with today's post it's going to be wallpaper #5! Time sure flies doesn't it?

Well I said I would post this tomorrow but I thought Halloween eve was a better idea.

Anyways, as I said in another post, this wallpaper is a bit different than my others. It features not only Kairin the lovable forum mascot, but also making her debut appearence is...

Kamilah! Kairin's younger twin sister! Who in the past has been referred to as "evil Kairin" which isn't nice.
Also making an appearance are the chibi versions of both the aforementioned characters.

So what are they wearing you ask? Well...the idea was to make them Gothic Lolita...but only it's my version of Gothic Lolita. I tried putting in the head band things but they just didn't work so I had to take them out. Overall I think it came out nicely. I like how Kairin looks with her hair dyed black.

I must say though, drawing with a full-time job is much harder than I thought it would be but I digress...

The chibi are:

Chibi Kairin in a pumpkin outfit (seemed to be a popular request in the thread I made)

Chibi Kamilah in a succubus outfit (seemed to fit her personality a bit )

So enough blah-blah-blahing. Here they are:

and as usual the wallpaper zip files...but just so you know. The standard versions look a bit different than the widescreen ones. you'll see what I mean if you download them.

http://www.azuremidnight.com/Wallpap...Widescreen.zip
http://www.azuremidnight.com/Wallpap...enStandard.zip

I hope you guys like it. This was my first time drawing something Halloweeny so I'm still new at this.
Oh and a point of interest, this would be the first Kairin wallpaper I've done without using the pen tool to do the outlines. I did this all by brush...was interesting.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh I just wanted to clarify one thing which I forgot to do. Kamilah is not missing an eye. The reason she wears the eye patch is because her right eye is...different than her other one. I can't say more than that for now.

Last edited by Kiva128; 2006-10-31 at 08:48.
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote