Thread: Licensed Tamako Market
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 05:51   Link #456
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I remember reading somewhere (think it was the Kyoani thread) that the staff are aiming to be more "family friendly" in their future projects.

The "restrain on moe" is my personal comment, nothing noted by the staff. Just something that I feel Kyoani over-indulges on to the point it sometimes becomes cringe-worthy if you're not into that kind of staff. I'm talking about reliance on excessive antics, slapstick comedy or the next cute marketed catchphrase. I hardly felt that in Hyouka (vast majority of it was in Chitanda and the "Kimi ni Arimasu"), I felt it in flying in colours in Chuunibyou and I'm feeling about half and half from this pilot episode. However, I also felt a family friendly vibe with a dash of Cardcaptor Sakura from this which was nostalgic and pleasant. Hopefully the latter will keep up, and given Kyoani's general good track record when it comes to consistency (not necessarily quality) I'm optimistic this time.
Right, I must have mis-read it sorry. While I'm not into to moe, I'm not as allergic to them like some of the haters. I do agree that Tamako Market does gives out the family friendly vibe, which is one reason I was drawn to K-on in the first place.

Speaking of K-on, unlike some of us here, I never get the slightest impression that Tamako resembles Yui in anyway. Yui is sort of a lazy genius-ditz, and here Tamako is a more diligent and rather normal girl. As for the airheadedness, if I were to rate Yui as 10, Tamako should be around 3-4 at best, so I don’t see how they are alike except maybe the anime art style.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote