View Single Post
Old 2009-10-30, 00:08   Link #141
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLemon View Post
Some things I don't understand about the Umineko-universe...

1. So Ange pops in from the third game's universe to assist Battler in solving the fourth game. With Umineko taking place in a multiverse with very thin walls, why aren't we seeing thousands of Beatrices and Battlers running around?

2. Meta-Battler is the first iteration's Battler after he died and went to purgatorio, correct? Where do all the other Battlers go (and for that matter, all the other Ushiromiyas) go to when they die, then?
From what I understand, it's more like a game reset than parallel universes. Each time they play the game, something different happens because that's the nature of a game like chess... no two games will be the same.

Everyone is resettable except the meta-characters (meta-Battler, meta-Beatrice, meta-Virgillia?)

Which is why I didn't really expect Beatrice to die from Eva-Beato's attacks. And I guess this means Beatrice was the one true Endless Witch all along and we all just got trolled?

So the board was reset again, but this time a piece-Ange has been placed on the board? Did Bernkastel pulling her through time-space create a meta-Ange as well? Will she be alongside Battler in the metaverse?

Or am I supposed to not believe in time-travel magic and doubt the existence of Agne first of all.