View Single Post
Old 2006-09-16, 19:08   Link #76
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibilterra
I feel translated comics are too expensive comaring to original ver.
Does distribution network have some plobrem?
Or Is translation cost so expensive?
deshoo?

usually brand new japanese mangas ranges from $4.00 -$5.50. i only have less than 10 brand new mangas. i usually buy second hand which costs $1.00-$3.50. second hand manga sets would cost $20.00-$70.00++, depending on the number of volumes, condition, and original price. 17 volumes of furuba costs me around $35.00...

i dunno why the heck it's so expensive! i doubt if the writers and illustrators even get money from this exportation. manga prices have the same prices as that of pocket-sized dictionaries, goosebumps, enid blython books, sweet valley something, small pocket-sized how-to-speak *insert language here*, all those young adult pocket books etc... these stuff are not to expensive when they're exported! those manga distrubutors are ripping you off! i'd rather buy the originally japanese even if my japanese is limited then dl the scanlations for further help... plus if you read them in japanese (if you are learning japanese), that would greatly help your kanji recognition skills.

i think ordering manga online is just to expensive. bookstores are way better and you can browse too! ^^ i love the scent of bookstores...

Last edited by horsdhaleine; 2006-09-16 at 22:24.
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote