View Single Post
Old 2009-12-28, 02:43   Link #3
Saint Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Good luck - may it make it past the vaporware stage
Thanks for the support. I promise this will not only make it past vaporware, it will be a complete legitimate game, hopefully surpassing the DS version in terms of gameplay and features.

A lot of you are clearly not interested in this due to the fact that it's hard to believe I'll finish this, or the fact that I am not going to be serious and give you guys a sloppy version. I assure you, I am doing my very best and consulting people I have worked with in the past who are even more experienced than me.
I promise I will release screenshots for you all to see in the near future.

Now, PLEASE bear with me because I REALLY need your opinion on these features, this will make or break the game based on what you guys want.
This is YOUR game, so please input your opinions!

Crafting System
Reasons for implementing:
Allows the user to gather materials from dropped Yoma and create original weapons. Weapons stats and attributes will change depending on materials used.
This will save time, so that instead of me creating hundreds of separate weapons, the user can create their own.
Reasons for ignoring:
In the world of Claymore, the main weapon is in fact...A Claymore. The original intent was to have different versions of Claymores. Some stronger, some weaker, some with special effects (This is explained how it's possible in the game, since in the manga all Claymores are the same apparently.) so "crafting" in the universe cannot be done because the Claymores are made by the organization and how they are is unknown. This feature could offset the actual factuality of the anime/manga.

Yoma Power Meter
Reasons for implementing:
The power meter is a little bar in the right hand corner of the screen that when the player presses the "P" button, the bar increases by 10% intervals, maxing at 80%. The player can decrease the bar by 10% intervals by pressing "O". At 80% the screen flashes red, and continues for 30 seconds, afterwards it's gameover, since you awaken. For every 10% increase in the bar, ALL characters in the party do 10% more damage to everything, but take 15% more damage. This is the table of values:
10% Damage -> 15% Vulnerability
20% Damage -> 25% Vulnerability
30% Damage -> 35% Vulnerability
40% Damage -> 45% Vulnerability
50% Damage -> 55% Vulnerability
60% Damage -> 65% Vulnerability
70% Damage -> 75% Vulernability
80% Damage -> 150% Vulnerability (And only 30 seconds to live in the world map, time halts in battles so you can have 80% damage in battle, then have to quickly lower the bar afterwards.)
This can add a whole new sense into battles in terms of strategy. Would you increase damage to sacrifice defense?

Reasons to ignore:
Although this would add more realism and dynamic to the game, it would make the game a breeze on easier difficulties. The Easy and Normal difficulties are simple as it is, but can you imagine a 50% increase in power at the cost of 55% defense reduction? You would one hit all the Yoma before they could inflict damage, making leveling up very easy. Of course on the higher difficulties like Hard and "Claymore" (VERY Hard), this could prove useful to raise your power, but you will most likely get killed in one hit.
This power meter is very risky in terms of balance of gameplay.

Please debate over these. I will add more debatable features later on and include them in a SPOILER in the first post. Thank you.

Last edited by Saint Salty; 2009-12-28 at 03:11.