View Single Post
Old 2008-07-31, 10:56   Link #1333
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Reread the quote, Sheba:

You are translating Hayate into a Squishy Wizard like she is in canon with the belief that she can't be anything else in any timeline.

In canon, yes, it makes a great deal of sense that she wouldn't be cut out for melee due to her physical disabilities, and while I personally wouldn't give it a second thought if she'd shown up in StrikerS as a full-blown Knight, I suppose I can see others raising a logic fit about it. This is exactly why I say her potential is untapped, because StrikerS went and turned her into a glass cannon who can barely function without Rein's assistance. Alter the course and nature of her training, and who knows what you could come up with? I could even picture Hayate as a summoner under the proper circumstances, though you'd have to jump through a few hoops to get her to that point.

Comacanon has Hayate training under Evangeline of all people, and by training I mean the kind of Training From Hell that Negi, Kotaro, and the Ala Alba go through in Negima canon. If that doesn't turn her into a potent Magic Swordsman, nothing will.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.