Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-26, 12:35   Link #6284
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i see the current Eu as something like the confederation of states in the US after the Independence war. You had 13 states each going their own way with a weak central government. Europeans are going to have to decide whether they want EU with a strong central federal government or dissolve the EU and the euro. This sort of halfway governemnt that is the current Eu just doesn't work in the long term.
I don't agree with dissolving the Euro and Europe. The job loss rate and the economic fallout is going to create alot more failed states than it was before the Europe.

Also, it is going to create massive damage to the world economy : decentralising a globally used form of credit is going to mess up our largely computerised trade infrastructure because it is going to mean re-programming millions of computers and re-building accounting software at a more complex level. It is the number 2 most traded currency in the world, dissolving it is not an option unless we can count on China to peg their currency as tradable, currently impossible because of its valuation (need to slash a couple of zeroes off the back), its currency security (not enough done to make it less forgable) and the local corruption within its government.

Besides, according to Wiki (don't know if it is true or false), 150 million people in Africa use currencies pegged to the Euro, dissolving it is as good as blowing them back to Stone age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
So you can see why Greece and Italy are so similar. That's probably also why our govt in Italy is so broken. Berlusconi has been the only politician in Italy to have stayed in office for more than one year since Mussolini, which is saying a lot about how things are run here. I do not remember a single politician in Italy staying in power for more than six months since I was born, for that matter. The Italian Parliament is just a din full of old, dry, power hungry money leechers whose minds have rotten with age.
They do have a strength though : naval defence technology. I guess only the Chief Of Navy is the only one working.

Besides most politicians are like that. You can't blame them, so as to quote Erwin Rommel :

Men are basically smart or dumb and lazy or ambitious. The dumb and ambitious ones are dangerous and I get rid of them. The dumb and lazy ones I give mundane duties. The smart ambitious ones I put on my staff. The smart and lazy ones I make my commanders.

Yeah, that is why they end up at the top, and there isn't enough smart and ambitious ones to clean up the mess they make.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.