View Single Post
Old 2009-06-20, 08:35   Link #79
Soelke
Not heat. Photon laser.

Being new here, I haven't been able to share my opinions on previous episodes, but...Anyway, this is gonna be long. I put spoiler tags around the character section, though, so that should be okay...

I found Clannad while searching for songs sung by Hatsune Miku. There was, of course, a video with her singing Mag Mell. I fell in love with the song immediately, and, wanting to learn more, looked up the only name I could remember from that song (Nagisa's name). As always, I went and spoiled the series for myself, but truthfully, I never actually read the entire thing. Then, I went on to watch the first episode. Thus began the most wonderful anime experiance I've ever had. I've probably cried more during Clannad than any other anime.

There are characters that I particularly noticed throughout the series...

Spoiler for Sunohara:

Spoiler for Nagisa:

Spoiler for Tomoya:

Spoiler for Ushio:

Spoiler for Fuuko:

I talked to much about the characters...In any case...The music was just beautiful, but the ending didn't match the episode sometimes in After Story *coughAfterStory16and21cough* Other than that, it was really catchy. I love the first ending. Annnd...The animation. That was the most beautiful animation in an anime I've ever seen. Everything is just so...detailed. The way the hair flows in the wind, the expressions, tears, the light playing on Nagisa's and Tomoya's hair as they sat underneath that tree in the courtyard...Absolutely beautiful. The way they did the Illusionary World, you'd think it was based off a real place, too. It wasn't just an ever-going plain; it expanded into a mountain region, as well. Beautiful.

And then, the ending of the series. Before Tomoya gets his magic reset button and saves his wife and kid, he must first go and collect the last light orbs. I love how Key didn't just hand him his happy ending (however cruel that may sound). He went the whole mile and finally came to terms with Nagisa's death, facing the fact that he has a daughter who, for five years, he has completely neglected, leaving her with her grandparents. Finally, there's the reset button and Tomoya's journey is finally over. He has saved the future (more weird time-loopy stuff) and at the same time learned a valuable lesson about the significance of family. I was very satisfied with the series, and I hope to see more from KyoAni. Yeah...I wish I could've done a better post, but when I finally get to express my opinion I'm speechless. Everyone takes the words right out of my mouth xP
Soelke is offline   Reply With Quote