View Single Post
Old 2010-08-28, 23:13   Link #4172
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is is weird for people at my age to discuss worldwide sociopolitical issues at length? I find that even on and off this forum, the only people whom I talk to about G20, economy and political issues are often in their late 20s and over that, mostly 10-20 years older than me.

Anyone else around my age group (18-23) give me blank stares when I mention things like Tea Party, subprime meltdown, foreclosure, general elections, financial statement, gold standard, etc. So what would be a normal conversation topic for people around my age?
Age do not really matter; you might find another 18-23 than have a interest about those thing and a 40+ thjan don't give a damn... For example, the chef and sous-chef where I work are about the same age, and yet I could probably have a good conversation about those kind of subject only with my chef.

If you want a 'real'' normal conversation topic, use weather, sport result or any others meaningless subject. But if you want a real conversation, first addapt your subject to the group, trying to talk of geopolitic with a group than was talking of the latest talkshow will probably end up as a fail.