View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 03:54   Link #3510
Traece
:cool:

So I finished Metro 2033 today. A very fun game and I would play it again! I was pleasantly surprised over the quality of the game in just about every respect. Playing it through the first time on its hardest difficulty proved to be a fair challenge and there was only a couple segments of the game that really frustrated me in a "this is just broken" way. I also give the developers credit for finding a lot of ways to give players freedom in a linear game. I recommend it to anyone who still hasn't picked it up yet. The story is also quite good, and I actually found myself liking some of the characters and finding them and the setting they were in very intriguing. Honestly, I enjoyed it more than STALKER, and I would like to see any future STALKER games if we are so fortunate match the quality combat of Metro 2033.

I also finished Sniper Elite V2 and got to touch a little cooperative and multiplayer in that. It's really just a fun game to play, although I feel that it could have been polished in some respects. It certainly has a fair amount of "this is so broken" stuff in it, mostly AI and the way the over-the-shoulder shooting works. Like I said though, it's more of a game to have fun. Sniping in games is fun and the cinematic shooting provides some laughs and promotes challenging oneself to pull off the best shots they can. I remember playing the demo when the game came out, and I put a bullet in a guy's head and it angled itself off its linear course into another man's chest. You can't beat self-made fun.

I'm slowly polishing off Darksiders. I very much enjoy the game and I see why it has the popularity and acclaim that it has. For whatever reason I've not given it proper attention and need to finish what appears to be the quarter of the game. After that I'll be knocking off Darksiders II which is supposed to be quite an improvement over the first, so I hear. Thus far I'm enjoying vastly Darksiders. The combat is fun and the progression is worthwhile. The story is interesting, but also kind of vague and shrouded in mystery in a way so it makes it worth thinking about.