View Single Post
Old 2006-04-05, 23:14   Link #38
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
The anime does have fillers, the major difference however is that the the anime flows more seemlessly through the fillers... most of the time, if your not familiar with the manga you don't really notice when it enters a filler... that's atleast how it is for me

however, like naruto, one piece looks like it may end up going into a bit of a long filler... from the looks of it, the anime isn't too far behind the manga... i suspect after the enies lobby arc, they will be quite a bit of filler to allow the manga to pull more ahead. Grant it, so far, i've liked the one piece fillers better then the naruto fillers...

One thing i hate about naruto fillers that one piece does really have is that Naruto fillers happen in the middle of the story; so while your watching the filler your itching to move on with the story to see whats happening... One piece, on the other hand, places its fillers when there's nothing really happening, so your not so eagar to move on... y'know, in addition to the fillers being a bit more enjoyable
There is one significant difference between Naruto and One Piece in terms of fillers (in paralel to what you have mentioned). In Naruto, after each filler, you have to go back to the starting point, whereas in One Piece, the characters are continuously on the move, so going back to the starting point does not mean much. Since at almost each arc we are given a background information mostly on the characters, and we have a rather slow development (for the action-lover fans, power-up) process, filler arcs can be integrated into the main storyline without lowering the quality.