View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 06:28   Link #1210
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
#1. Jumping to conclusions. For a start, we aren't even 100 per cent certain the doctor is lesbian. Viewers immediately came to the conclusion based on purely circumstantial evidence. Doing so is not unlike a late friend of mine who kept insisting that I'm gay because her "gaydar" says so. (No, I'm not. Couldn't be more straight. I've got no romantic attraction whatsoever to men.)

That aside, even if she is lesbian, I fail to see how that "proves" she got shafted into working for the state (and why is that necessarily a bad thing? Maybe the civil service is crap where you come from, but that's not the case in my part of the world). We don't know if she was flagged a latent criminal because of some other psychological condition. There is an implication that homosexuality may be considered a disease in this alternative reality, but we simply don't enough to say this is definitely the case. It'll be pretty ballsy for the series to explore this angle, but I highly doubt that is the intention.
That wasn't a changing room. It was an isolated work station. The fact that they were getting redressed rather quickly just before Akane came in certainly...implies stuff. Perhaps a bit when the Doctor was so complimentary when Akane came in afterwords.

That's the thing with works of fiction. Scenes like this are deliberately crafted by the shows creators to get a point across. And it was too low key I think to have been trying to work up a big misunderstanding. For one thing, Akane doesn't seem to care enough about what two consenting adults do behind closed door to make it a decent comical understanding.

Unless you can think of something more profound the creators wanted to imply those two were doing behind closed doors naked, we should probably assume they're lesbians.

...and I don't think he said that the doctor was a latent criminal because she was a lesbian...at least by this point I don't see anything indicating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
2. The enforcer hit the suspect first and then read his hue, from what we know from such a surprising and brutal attack his hue should have rocketed sky high and there is a chance that he wasn't the perp they were looking for.
The suspect also tried to run when he's confronted. In most countries the police are authorized to restrain you if you try to flee from them. It's considered highly suspicious to wanna get away from the cops that badly.

Considering so much of society is blissfully medicated in this setting, it really makes you wonder who exactly are the people who turn into runners when their Psycho-pass goes cloudy. Are they people who know that there's something wrong with them that's so severe, they suspect they could be committed for life as incurables? Or is there some unsavory part of themselves that they like?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote