View Single Post
Old 2010-08-31, 13:52   Link #58
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I found out about Sola after one of my friends from AS, Triple_R, reviewed it. I checked it out and found out it's from the writer of Kanon so I expected some random antics and moe girl antics. That didn't really disappoint here for the most part, I'd think.

Visuals: 8/10 It looks good for the most part; mostly the backgrounds but damn, you could probably take someone's eyes out with those chins. The lighting was pretty good, and night scenes are cool! The animation is ok, not particularly good compared to the art, but not bad either.

Audio: 7/10
Spoiler:

Plot and Execution: 5/10
Spoiler:

Characters: 8/10
Spoiler:

Enjoyment: 8/10 As I've said earlier, I preferred the first half and the silly antics in there better. The plot twists in the latter off didn't impress me very much, but the characters were usually just good enough to save certain parts. And like I've said above, Mana and Koyori really saved the show for me; and they are the ones that generated the most emotional moments near the end. That being said, the part where Aono and Yorito are picking dolls, and Aono sarcastically points to the old guy made me really lol. And of course Matsuri is fun to watch.

Overall: 7/10 mostly an average anime that merely worked but it pulled together some stuff that makes it into a good show. I felt like they really missed out a lot of potential things, but hey, it was worth the time.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote