View Single Post
Old 2011-04-11, 08:50   Link #22586
Leafsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Leafsnail:
1) The only evidence that Kanon came back from the dead in Episode 3 is a scene that occurs when Battler is absent. If that's admissible, so is the scene in Episode 1 when the servants are preparing dinner just off-screen, and Shannon and Kanon are both there. So is the scene in Episode 2 when both Shannon and Kanon are outside the chapel.
The scene is clearly a metaphor. I don't see any real reason to doubt it. "Yasu put on her Kanon voice and told Jessica to follow her" seems like by far the best justification for that scene (including why Jessica wasn't allowed to touch Kanon).

The first one you mention is indeed valid in a metaphorical sense. Shannon feels like Kanon is there (note that Gohda completely ignores him). This makes sense since they seem to have something of an "imaginary friend" relationship.

The second one... I can't remember Shannon being present at that at all, actually. I remember her being quite conspicuously absent. Would you mind citing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
2) How does "Shannon = Kanon" explain Kanon's resurrection better than "Shannon != Kanon"?
I guess you could say it's not so much that Shkannon is an explanation in itself. It's more like Shkannon points us towards the explanation. It's evidence that Kanon/ Shannon are just personas of another person, which can therefore be discarded and picked up again. Even if you don't regard it as acceptable evidence, it at least brings up the possibility in the reader's mind.

Episode 2 is arguably explained better by Shkannon than by 2 people who can independantly die by personality death. "Gohda sees Kanon, who changes clothes into Shannon" would seem to explain his testimony quite well ("At first I thought it was Kanon, but then...").
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote