View Single Post
Old 2009-09-23, 11:57   Link #1941
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Erm if you read carefully, I included the unattainable within my statement. What I am basically saying is that most of our decisions are made by views soaked in black or white. A child soldier in Sierra Leone might feel that same way because he feels that he had no choice. What I have written is a generic mentality set which actually applies to most, if not all. The needle doesn't symbolise achieving a goal, it simply symbolises purpose in life as defined by one. There are so many ways to find the needle (metal detector, raiding, etc), but it is still up to one to choose.
Honestly, I'm actually still trying to understand what your point is...but here's what I understand. Your way of thinking makes it feel like there really is a choice and the explanation for the choice is vague. When people are faced with the mentality of "pain or live", as experienced by majority, that's clearly a no-choice. There is no vague thinking...there's just one direct route. There is no time to think about external reasons, your stomach's growling.

Quote:
Fantgirl, I think you really need to define your commitment, we have lots of people throwing words in here and it begins to derail into something which looks like a mess.
She's stating that she has no commitment--pretty absurd (IMO)..but interesting.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote