View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 18:14   Link #336
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Nothing that I have read says that recently dead people can be revived via without the user sacrificing himself. Konan's statement simply states he could raise the dead, you are inferring no sacrifice is needed. Where are you coming up with this conclusion?
She said that Nagato in his current state should not perform that jutsu. Why would she add that "in his current state" if Nagato would die regardless of what state he is in? If you die by using it then you could have 100% health and chakra it wouldn't matter, so in that case Konan would clearly tell him not to sacrifice his life for the Konoha people. But she reacted in a different way. Also saying that the rinnegan has control over life and death implies that Nagato can revive or kill someone without him having to die, as opposed to the death god jutsu or Chiyo's revival jutsu which requires the user's life in exchange for the jutsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Naruto might have been tired but he had plenty of gas left in the tank. At one point he had both Kurama's charkra while in sage mode. Konan might have been at full power but against Naruto I highly doubt it would have mattered.
I think this is really a matter of opininon, i think that they were both at their limits but Nagato had the advantage because if he decided to go for the kill instead of capture his rinnegan powers at point blank range would have been very effective (just remember Edo-Nagato: he could absorb KillerBee's chakra and make it his own, also he could easily capture both of them while being immobile by using all 6 paths of his power simultaneously), and also i would not underestimate Konan against an exhausted Naruto. Sure Naruto for a brief moment combined the kyuubi powers with sage mode, but it was already stated a few times that if the kyuubi is not his friend then the kyuubi's chakra and nature chakra both have to be balanced out by his own, and at that point his own chakra was already low, since a short time after all that he collapsed while returning to the village.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote