View Single Post
Old 2010-01-25, 19:32   Link #173
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I really don't get Rosa... if she hated Maria that much then why the hell did she keep her? She could do abortion or give her to adoption. Like this she wouldn't have a child and could find a guy as she wished for. So what was the problem? A status? I really doubt that the way she treated Maria gave her any better status.

Then again if she hated her that much then why did she beg witch-Eva to spare Maria? Why did she go looking for her and why did she bother to do Sunotaro with her own hands? She could easily buy a toy instead of wasting her time.

Rosa is contradicting herself.

And about Maria, yes here it is pictured as if Sunatora was a real person, but let's look at real life situation. There are a lot of people who imagine a simple toy as something more, as a real person but that doesn't make them real. Do you really consider it normal if someone like that had killed you for a mere toy?

The whole story with talking Sunotaro could easily be taken as her imagination world since nor Rosa, nor anyone else saw it more than a toy. It has never done anything to be special for anyone. If not the whole constant tearing apart what had proved that Sunotaro really was a living being, Maria would be considered a sick person who lives in imaginary world. Or the whole scene could be taken as dream, but have no idea where it had happened...

Nor Rosa's nor Maria's actions can be justified. Although I do feel sorry for Maria FAR more and yet I still don't aprove her actions.
First of all; Sakutaro, not Sunataro

Rosa is a very complicated character, and she's hard to explain. She kept Maria because she would look down on by her family (who already treat her like shit for the most part). Usually she's not slapping Maria around in front of everybody, either.

She loves Maria, yet she hates Maria. Rosa never felt like she could be satisfied because of her daughter, because Maria (being a young girl who needs to be taken care of) needs her help/attention a lot, but Rosa would like to do more in her life than just take care of Maria by herself.

Sakutaro is an imaginary friend of Maria, she holds it up and pretends to talk for it, which is why Rosa yelled at her to stop voicing Sakutaro. Maria made Sakutaro up because she was lonely, with the only person in her life always away at work, or with some boyfriends staying at a hotel eating crabs....

The scene where Maria tortures Rosa to death while Beatrice watches is a dream segment, because Maria wakes up moments after the scene. She's obviously pissed at Rosa, because Sakutaro was ripped relatively recently still I'd assume... probably somewhere between 6 months before this meeting and the current day the show takes place.