View Single Post
Old 2007-07-24, 21:05   Link #297
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
shinn was the dumbest character created.
no rendption for him. he is laughting stock and will forever remain like this (btw it s not only him it s the whole destiny stuff that was blewing donkey balls so /shrug)
Look where ever you want he was stupid the show was full of plot hole and going from stupidity to absurdity to retardation like it had never been done before.
i think that fukuda's wife put a lot effort in delivering the worst possible show.
Shinn isn't the dumbest character created so much as he is a character with good potential that was wasted. Instead of the "It's me against the world!" attitude Shinn had, he still could have been stubborn and arrogant with that "bad boy" attitude and learned valuable lessons about the war like most Gundam protagonists are supposed to.

All the right things were there for Shinn to have been a good character but Morosawa took him down the wrong path. IMO the two biggest faults in GSD are the poor development of Shinn and the lack of deliberation that the Kira Team went through. I don't hide the fact that I am a fan of the old cast from SEED (mostly because of a the poor development of the new cast) but the series is told from the points of view of too many different people to make any sense. At different times, you have the "lead" character being Shinn, Athrun, Kira, or Durandal.

Shinji103 has a good fan fiction story he wrote where GSD would still play out the relatively same conclusion, but Shinn realizes that killing because someone else was killed is wrong after he thinks he kills Athrun. And I believe he actually has Shinn and Kira reconcile with more than just a handshake. I think GSD would have been better if something like that occurred.