View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 04:51   Link #184
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And then Shaft does Planetarian, a Key story that is actually worth a scoff. Yeah, I played it - - all thanks to Skyfall.
*waves* At least I have managed to accomplish something during my stay here! *Joins the tomato lobbing mob for suggestion that SHAFT should be the one to animate it*

Ahem. Anyways, color me pleasantly surprised with these news. I think I had all but subconsciously given up on LB getting an anime, so this definitely comes as invigorating announcement (even though an announcement has technically yet to be made). I'm certainly happy with this, but also a bit worried - LB is a story that's fairly difficult to adapt for various reasons, so I'm looking towards the result with both anticipation and worry. Mmmm, adrenalin.

Which brings us to the speculation about studios. I honestly have no clue, but I'd like to think that KyoAni is the most likely option, despite their apparently busy schedule, given their past track record of taking on Key's visual novels (And Key having expressed interest in them tackling the project before). While there are other high-profile studios that might be suitable, the Key-KyoAni marriage has worked well in the past.

This option would certainly leave me the most relieved anyway, both in trusting the story will be adopted with a fair degree of accuracy (and without any needless "innovations" and liberties taken by the staff in the process ... *shakes fist at Fortune Arterial anime*), and in them not skimping on episode count, whatever they deem fit for appropriate adaptation. They made 52 episodes worth of Clannad after all, so I think they could do so again if need be. And while I'm not sure LB strictly needs full four cours, despite having higher word count than Clannad, I do strongly think two would be way too little, especially if they want to include the EX heroines (personally I'd prefer if they didn't).

... Of course, given the past trends, there is always a possibility of us getting a Toei version as well And we don't want that to be the case, do we. Despite myself finding Toei's version of Air (the movie) a good deal superior to the TV series, their offerings in Kanon and Clannad were abysmal, especially quality wise. So ... yeah, I'd rather not see that happen. Give me KyoAni for this so I can sleep peacefully.