View Single Post
Old 2005-12-20, 01:23   Link #37
KiraDouji

You know... everyone's pretty confident in Byakuya's bankai, and while I will agree that both he and Senbonzakura are absolutely amazing... um... Ichigo beat him with a just achieved bankai? So compare Hitsu and Renji to Byakuya and Ikkaku, because that makes sense and all, but don't forget that someone who managed to essentially shatter Senbonzakura is having issues too.

Consider this: all of the shinigami have been or are being beaten pretty badly. The only one who even has a point for the team is Ikkaku, of whom we know the least about in terms of age, bankai, training, etc, etc... so let's not even get into that right now. Just look at it story wise - we're reaching a climax here. Kubo is building up to something. My personal opinion is that it's a character (re?)introduction.

I can see... Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, Quincies or Visored. Or a mix. But what I could also see is Aizen or someone from Aizen inc. to come down and say "wtf are you doing? Home. Now." although, I think that'd be the lamest plot device Kubo could use at this point. We're really not a place to add a 'level-up' so to speak, but we are certainly being driven towards some plot mover and right now it's looking like characters.

- Kira