View Single Post
Old 2006-01-29, 14:22   Link #292
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Because you're making it sound like ALL powerups are "DBZ Style". Heck, I've even heard of Bleach powerups are DBZ style. They're POWERUPS, but nowhere near DBZish.

Now if you're saying ALL powerups are DBZish, I can argue that DBZ most likely didn't pioneer the idea, and if they did, it don't mean that all powerups should be classified as "DBZish", because powerups are more general... they don't ONLY belong in DBZ, as it more has to do with reiatsu/spirit energy/ki/whatever you call it than the show itself, and DBZ isn't the only show that has a type of spiritual energy.[/rant]

On topic:

Gin still rules
*Off topic*
Nope I am not trying to make all powers ups dbz style, especially when i reply with "generalisation for crazy overwhelming power-ups". I was attempting to to say that I liked the way RM dealt with the absorption of each others Rosa Mysticas, they didn't make any doll overwhelming and reliant on having the largest number of Rosa Mysticas.
Spoiler:

For me DB style power-ups are when something happens and the person who has powered up can pwn everything until their opponent/s either gains the same powerup or some other plot device. I think this is what other people refer to when they compare Bleach powerups to DBZ. It is in my mind is to do how they handle the powerup not the powerup itself. *edit* forgot the "and repeat cycle to really extend the series" */edit*

*On topic*
Yeah Gin does rule, for me especially the way they humanised her actions with her relationship with Megu.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote