View Single Post
Old 2021-07-01, 16:19   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well the new OP/ED combo was alright. Nothing great, but nothing horrible either. Feels like a set I'm going to just skip over going forward.

I'd be shocked at Satoko leaving evidence of her actions in the same room as the victim. But...clearly no one is going to notice.

The episode is basically as simple as Satoko injecting Rena and then things happen. I suppose it's nice for those people that did jump in with the sequel to see how Rena could go off the rails when pushed hard enough. But even then it's not like it really is on Rena. She was drugged with something designed to drive a person into absolute madness. We get a little bit like Rina somewhat changing due to the loops (although frankly not very much). Enough to make her an easier victim that just walks into doom.

Honestly, it is just kind of ok. We're getting details that we could only have guessed at. That Rina was murdered by Rena is predictable once we see her getting injected. That she starts seeing Keiichi as a threat much faster than he sees her as one makes sense too. But we're just kind of going through the motions there. The inevitable reveals of Rena or maybe Satoko killing Rika before then preparing to kill Keiichi and then getting killed in turn. Then we'll move on to Mion getting clearly injected by Satoko, probably killing Shion, Rika, etc.

It just feels like the story has been parked for a long time. The gap between seasons is likely part of it. But ever since Rika figured out that Satoko was involved in all this...the story stopped and we've been in flashback mode.