Thread: Licensed Lovely Complex (TV Series!)
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-23, 17:48   Link #89
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Yes, the Bokura ga Ita-like character designs drew me into this. Guilty as charged. No, I wasn't very impressed with this.
SAME! But I'm gonna keep this anime on my list for this season.

Partly because I read a bit of the manga and I thought it was fun and want to see how tha anime is going to show the story. And well, because I was looking for something like this after BGI ended (Hoping for a second series!)

I watched the first episodes with subs (Thank-you KissSubs!) and it kinda caught me by surprise. I read the manga first, and when I imagined their voices, it was more.. different. I think, Koizumi's voice didn't match her, and it kinda reminded me of Keroberos from CCS at some parts and scared me D: It's also a tad too low for my liking. Otani's voice.. it sounds gay in some parts. It reminds me of a voice from another show that I watched when I was little and the one of the girl's class mate was foreign and his always added in all these darlings and babys after what he said. It just seemed too weird to me. And there was some parts when they talked at the same time and in never matched the mood they were supposed to be portraying. Like in the beginning and the teacher called them All Hanshin-Kyojin and they yelled at the teacher, it was more sing-songish and rehearsed, not pissed. sigh, but maybe I'll get used to it, because I really don't want the voices to distract me from some good scenes. Other people's voices were okay though so amen to that.

The OP and ED, I thought, were good. One of the good points for the anime.

I found it funniest when they argue, because it just comes so naturally and what they called each other was hilarious.

Good, can't wait to watch the next episode! I really want to see Risa and the other girl (I forogt her name, but she was in the OP)
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote