View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 13:38   Link #79
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
You know that for most girls guys like Amata are not attractive at all. You should go read the articles on 'nice guys' in the Heartless Bitches International website.

I wrote somewhere else that with MikonoxAmata they made a failed hybridation with a Shoujo lead (Miss Do nothing DID Mikono) and a shounen lead (Nice guy pushover Amata). Probably expecting to please both female and male viewers and failed terribly at that.

As a female, when I read a shoujo, I want the bland easy to relate to Shoujo lead to score a dude I deem attractive. Amata is not personnality wise, his being the textbook clingy nice guy.

It's the same for male viewer.

The whole thing is made worse by Zessica (perfect waifu) and Kagura (perfect husbando) existence.
That's why I said "good-looking" instead of "attractive" You're absolutely right though, I agree with everything you've said.
Thing is, with Mikono it was always obvious that this is who she was, despite faint hope she would grow above it. That Amata is a wet washcloth only becomes apparent later, so the disappointment is bigger.
Either way, what they did here pleases no one. As a female, I wouldn't want to be with Amata, even if he came for free. Clingy. And if I were a guy, I wouldn't touch someone like Mikono either. Too high maintenance for all the bland. From that standpoint, Zessica and Kagura probably dodged a bullet,which they will be very glad for later on- even if they don't realize it as of yet.

I can't believe they promised no bitter aftertaste and then zoomed in on Zessica's sadface.