View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 09:21   Link #3117
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
At least now Mystogan's personality makes plenty of sense. Was pretty quiet and just felt different from Jellal. Pretty impressive that he was going around and doing missions while on top of that protecting that world from anima. Do think it probably would have been a good idea for him to consult with Makarov about this situation, of course I suppose it's possible he did to some extent, but there really wasn't much that could be done about the one that took out the guild.
I have no doubt that it's tough to stay silent when you just know the answers . Of course glad you have managed to since I'm looking forward to seeing the truth first hand.

Certainly have to take into consideration the possibility that this isn't the kidnapped group, but just their opposites in this world. While they got through in a slightly different fashion we haven't seen any real personality changes from Natsu or Wendy. Plus would wonder about the point of dropping them in there, flipping their personalities, and then letting them go about their business. If the point is to just grab magic for that world could have taken everyone somewhere else and are draining their magic somehow.

It's definitely easier to predict some changes compared to others. Simple to flip Gray's personality and have him wear a stupid amount of clothes. Though his comment about getting chills easily makes me really wonder if the magics are different for each character. Be funny enough if Gray was using fire magic and to see Natsu's expression .

I can't imagine Gajeel is going to miss out on this arc. So he's got to show up somewhere in that world. Maybe not being a dragon slayer with a cat didn't protect him....Of course possible during this incident another cat could have popped onto the scene and Gajeel will catch up.

Anyways without easily being able to use magic this will be tough. Natsu has a pretty direct approach to things so tough on him. In terms of the cats hanging around Dragon Slayers, I wonder if it has to do with their ability to restore magic. I mean just eating their respective element charges them right up. In a world like this where magic is so rare if they could find a way to duplicate that kind of power it would completely solve their problems. Maybe the cats are there for the very reason to examine and understand dragon slayer magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Oh, it's hard... though the hardest part is trying to figure out just how to reply once I've committed to not saying spoilers and choosing to respond anyways. I sometimes have to edit it like mad to avoid posting even hints. So I'll keep this simple...

You and others have had some good speculations though I won't comment on the accuracy of any of them other than some maybe way off and others dead on, though I stress the maybe . There will be some answers next week, and the week after, and the one after that, and... etc... or you could just pick up the manga at ch 170

Though I will say I'm rather shocked over the lack of speculation over Mystogan's backstory... I mean guessing why he looks like Jerral has been done a lot but how he ended up in Earthland (the world the story has been taking place in before Edolas was introduced) closing Anima's isn't something I recall see speculating about. I recall when I got to this point in the manga I was was trying like hell to figure out what would be up with him and how he became tangled up in this. After all this does appear to be either Mystogan, Gildartz, and/or Lisanna's story based on the intro (Almost let that spoiler hint slip ) back when this was new and coming out in the manga I just kinda saw much of the rest as trivial and not important since it's clear due the trend in the series that everyone would be fine like always by arcs end. Won't say if my speculation was right of course...
it's not difficult to stay silent depending on your personality. last time, I like to boisterously talk or hint about spoilers, but it seems like my real dark personality takes over these days, and I just enjoy laughing quietly at some of the off-the-mark speculations in the different series, or go to the manga/LN thread and laugh out loud at the speculations (my fantasy, it hasn't happen yet)
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote