View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 13:54   Link #3513
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Mark my words, One Piece will end before the GOP self-destructs, 47% is too high a percentage. But for academic purposes lets say it disbands today, no democrat politician is going to leave if there isn't a real party waiting to welcome them. But TBT I do not see today any indications that a new party in the left is taking form in the USA, I see some clowns talking about taking down wall street and what not, but until said theoretical party has at least one seat on the legislative branch, it is not a real political party.
It's not about how many votes they get in the presidential election. It's about whether they can still all agree to work together. That's what decides whether the party lives or splits off in various constituents. And that's true for the Democrats as well as the GOP.

What could happen is that the moderates within the GOP finally say enough is enough to the nutjobs (or the nutjobs kick the moderates tot he curb). The moderates would then join the Democrats which would further pull that party to the right. (As has been happening for a while anyway.)

At that point, the more leftists within the Democrats would start feeling unwelcome.