View Single Post
Old 2014-01-27, 23:51   Link #2
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Female lead in an action anime, hmmm, there are quite a few:

Since you like Saber, obviously you ought to check out Fate/Stay Night.

Shana from Shakugan no Shana, the blazing eyed, flaming haired hunter.

Soul Eater has a couple strong female leads. including Maka the main lead.

And how can I forget Rosette from Chrono Crusade. The "Nun with a gun" who hunts demons. Set in the 1920s. She was a fun character. Dub is decent, uses actual authentic 1920's American slang (since that is the setting).

Madoka Magica certainly fits. Fantasy and strong female characters. Decent Dub too.

Yomiko Readman from Read or Die (OVA) is a strong character. Think mousy librarian crossed with James Bond, set in a world full of X-Men.

Mikoto from A Certain Scientific Railgun (the female lead) and A Certain Magical Index (supporting character with some major arcs).

Yuno from Mirai Nikki is an interesting female lead. She's the main reason to watch the show. Supernatural Horror.

Inuyasha is a classic action anime with a female lead.

Sailor Moon of course.

More Sci-Fi then fantasy:

Lafiel from Crest of the Stars is the first strong female lead that leaps to mind. Here is her introduction scene in the first episode. It's a sci-fi space opera (but not mecha). Very high quality story I think.

Another that comes to mind would be Marika from Bodacious Space Pirates.

Neon Genesis Evangelion does have Shinji as the main lead, but I always felt that once Asuka showed up she became almost a co-lead with Shinji.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2014-01-28 at 00:04.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote