Thread: Licensed K-On! Manga discussion
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-12, 23:15   Link #302
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Finally got around to reading the K-On! manga... mostly everything is 'as expected' but, Mugi is very interesting. She comes off as quite a bit more dodgy or 'yakuza' under her happy exterior (very rich crime family?). Its possible she's just a part of an old powerful clan (as most of the corporate names actually refer to power families in Japan) but it makes her quite a bit more interesting as a character and I'm a bit sorry that didn't make the transition to the anime very clearly.

In the anime, she seems positively stricken and embarrassed as the servants and workers scamper in horror to make everything perfect.

@Fate21: about five seconds with Google is all it takes to find an online scanlation. Actually, only *licensed* material is verboten to point out. I'm not sure what the status is of K-On! manga (unlicensed?) but it is pretty easy to find.
The K-On manga should be unlicensed over in the States.

I do think that she belongs to "old money". I mean: wearing kimonos for three days straight while entertaining guests during the New Year? Probably not yakuza (yakuza-run music stores? Now, that would be something).