View Single Post
Old 2010-04-17, 12:18   Link #74
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Personally, I find the coma theory unlikely since it requires them all to be somehow connected somehow.

Anyway, know for some thoughts and speculation about this episode.

First off, Iwasawa's memories and everybody's past lives. It seems that Iwasawa didn't have a happy life either, and the way she talks about it, it's seems likely that everybody there had a craptastic life. Which offers an insight as to the real reason they're fighting. As the guy notes, 'it's not that they're afraid of reincarnating as something bad, it's more that they're protesting the unfairness of life.' In other words, something like a grudge/anger against the god who allowed this all to happen.

Next, Iwasawa's disappearance. Going back to my previous point, if the reason they are in that world is due to their anger, perhaps the loss of that anger takes them out. Or in another way, everybody their is asking themselves something like 'For what reason was I born? Why did I suffer through all that?' The seemingly lack of a reason is the source of their anger. But once they find an answer, they're at peace and can 'move on', so to speak.

Lastly, about their discovery about Tenshi. The very first thought that ran through my mind was 'if her powers come the through the same methods as theirs, then doesn't that mean she was originally a human too?' The actions of Tenshi and the NPC's were interesting as well, as they don't seem like simple automatons programmed to act in a certain manner. I wasn't expecting Tenshi's 'this almost makes me look like the villain' because it shows that she is capable of self-thought and not just a type of emotionless terminator machine. Yuri's comment that 'if that means there is no god... then this would be the worst case scenario' is interesting. I suppose it's because due to the harshness of their lives, they want to believe that there was at least some reason they suffered, and they want to find out what that reason is. If there was no god, then that would mean that the pain they went through was literally 'meaningless'.
Thank you for the explanation. I was just wondering why the singer disappeared.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.