Thread: Licensed Hataraku Maou-sama!
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 04:02   Link #1087
kuromitsu

Ooh, the language thing is pretty cool. Though if it's true it means that "Satan" should be transliterated as "Jahan" or Ente Isla as "Enhe Ijla"... (Which is actually pretty interesting, I bet someone with more affinity for linguistics than I could construct a pretty cool-sounding language out of this.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
not bad, I actually enjoy listening to it whenever they speak Entish.

If the cast has no problem speaking this clearly when its just rearranged english alphabet, why do they have such an accent with real english.
Actually, if you listen you can tell they can't speak this very "fluently" either, it doesn't sound very natural (though some of the seiyuu are a lot better at it than others). I guess it's partly because of lack of practice, and partly because the phonology is so different from Japanese (which is why they have an accent when speaking English as well - and why English speakers have a strong accent speaking Japanese for that matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Not sure if anybody notice the resemblence, but I find it funny how the situation in Hataraku Maou is the complete reverse of Kyou Kara Maou.

Not sure where Chiho fits into this though.
Wasn't there some Earthling boy later on? One with glasses? (I don't remember, the show got boring pretty fast, and Gwendal didn't have enough screentime.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote