View Single Post
Old 2007-04-10, 19:56   Link #208
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Penetrate Heaven with your Drill

I have been looking forward to this series, since it was announced at the start of the winter season last year.

This show has an entertaining charm which production values rely between the characters and the robots.

I feel that Gurren Lagaan is sort of a lighthearted spoof to the giant robots genre, but amounting the fact that it is actually a refreshing approach to the genre.

The three main casts resemble more of oddball heroes. The type that it gets dragged into this big mess, and they just decide to stick together because all of them the coolest combination ever spawned on Earth. Anything unlike the adventure drama where types of characters like those would usually meet together by means of fate.

But that's OK. The way how the animation and the mecha was designed gives a friendly approach for the viewers to come and witness for themselves hilarity well complimented within serious action.

I am just speaking to myself and not on behalf of anybody else at the thread that we were witness to the birth of the walking-head robots genre.

Simon, the shy boy who thinks of himself not being a big shot on life.

Yoko, the realistic girl who speaks as the voice of common sense for the trio; many gags will revolve around the bounciness of her boobs.

Kamina, well he is the man who has the coolest sunglasses when he puts them on.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote