View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 07:20   Link #230
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
I have been reading alot of theories lately about whats actually going on in the series and i think Reiner and Bert are not the bad guys. The king and the aristocrats probably did something outrageous in the past... perhaps it was them who caused people to start turning into titans. Like if they created somekind of an illness. The titan village probably sent child soldiers (like reiner, bert and annie) to infiltrate the city and destroy the enemy.
But if it was about vengeance Eren wouldn't change a thing.

Unless Reiner lied or was being deceptive when he said they won't attack the human settlement if he goes with them, I'm more inclined to think they attacked out of some kind of necessity. Necessity that no longer exist if they have Eren.

One theory that I have is that Reiner and Berthold are part of a group of people that once were humans but then started becoming titans, pretty much like what happened in Connie's village. The vast majority probably doesn't have a good control over the titan forms so Reiner and Berthold were the only ones who could
fight.
It is possible that they need something to survive or to keep their humanity least they'll end all up becoming mindless human eating monsters. And of course those people in the inner city know what titan ares and probably still protect technologies to create and control them (as the walls suggest).
In that case perhaps Eren is a special titan who possesses some kind of quality that can save Reiner's and Berthold's people. Or perhaps Eren is the only one who can completely unveil the secrets in Grisha's basement.

In any case I doubt I'll end up thinking that Reiner and friends are good guys. In the best case they decided to cause the death of hundred of thousand innocents to save their own folk (which are probably a lot less in number).

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote