View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 00:06   Link #27574
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
And hey, better a short review than no review at all, I always say . The Nanoha fandom on ff.net is not great at that. Even a simple 'Hey, I liked the story' really does mean a lot, y'know?
I'm sorry that I don't follow it (yet) , but I'm sure it's AWESOME anyways!

I find that I'm iffy on the "I liked it. Please update" reviews...I admit, it's nice to get even those, but at the same time I'd rather have 5 people read a story of mine and really engage with the story and have at least one interpretive comment, than have 100 people read it mindlessly . But that's just me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Sometimes I'll read stuff on whims, but only if they're short. If they grow into more and are interesting enough, I'll follow along, though. Like with deathcurse's Familiar Life fic. The interesting premise and ramifications thereof keep me reading despite it probably going to lean more towards NanoFate by the end of it.
Thanks for even a passing mention of why you like "A Familiar Life..." , since I'm currently having a small mental breakdown over that fic, and it's nice to see that it's worth buckling down to try and fix things ^^.

Quote:
(Though it must be said that authors have no idea readers are reading something unless the readers tell them so)
My powers of imagination/self-delusion work fine! Oh, and FF.net's traffic graphs are nice too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Ahh, I do try to review most things I follow, though I hate leaving short reviews (if the fic itself is short, then that's one thing, but when 10K words produces a response of "Hey, that was pretty good"... well, yeah. The flip side of that is that half the time the darned review takes half an hour to an hour to write!
Your review recipients appreciate the half-hour to an hour reviews . Of course, then it's a half-hour to an hour to respond to your review ....but worth the time, every time!

Quote:
Personally I'm okay with just copy and pasting comments from AS to FF.net. I like going through reviews for confidence boosts, and having them on FF.net is so much easier than trying to search the thread.

And I know it's really easy to forget, but Vice is my favourite male character
Like RB, I feel bad for the lack of originality , so I tend not to copy-paste reviews. Besides, if I really take the effort to re-read, I'd likely find something new to comment on anyways!

And the one series I write about the poor man doesn't quite go the way it was expected? Although he probably got the happiest ending of the lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And the length never bothered me much, but then again, I blew through it in a single day when I had a lot of free time on my hands. And I'm a pretty fast reader when I put my mind to it.
I need to find myself a day like that too! Although I'm sure that the longer I wait, the longer the fic will get in the meantime!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote