View Single Post
Old 2007-05-14, 22:33   Link #47
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight
The loyal bitch of Jesus Yamato, Athrun has joined and deserted ZAFT a mind boggling 3 times
Technically speaking, Athrun only deserted from ZAFT the two times when he realized that it no longer upheld the principles that he signed up for. Given that he did so both times in Lacus' favour, and that PLANT and ZAFT appear to have had a change of ownership, I don't think that it's much of an issue. Also remember that all of Lacus' PLANT supporters still wore their ZAFT uniforms; it's unlikely that any of them will be considered traitors by ZAFT's new command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knight
The Virgin Mary 2.0 Lacus also completed her power grab and controls the Earth Sphere now.
Why do you think that? I thought that it was pretty clear that PLANT would have little to do with Earth politics. Indeed, the major player on Earth should be Orb and it's immediate allies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Anyway, SEED's appeal isn't its "seriousness" anyway. It's fun entertainment, if you can get past the aspects most people find annoying.
I dunno... I think that SEED's geopolitics make much more sense than those in most of the other Gundam shows. Strictly speaking, it's not horribly realistic, but then again, there aren't exactly a whole lot of anime with realistic politics either. Then again, that's a subject for a different thread...