View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 23:24   Link #3045
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Paul Krugman is an optimistic man. A very smart, very civic-minded man, and very bitter at times for the past few years, exhausted from fighting the good fight, but fundamentally optimistic.

I wouldn't put a bet on President Obama not compromising until we're all "off the fiscal cliff," then I'll believe him.

Reality is significantly slanted in one direction.

Don't give me that two-sides-are-the-same BS now.

No really, remember the BBC poll on the rest of the world? Those people, they're far enough from the mess that they see exactly what's going on and scratch their heads and ask what the hell is up with the Americans and oh my god don't screw it up please we don't want another Bush.

Notably, many posters in this thread who object the strongest to Romney and the Republican Party belong in the rest-of-the-world demographic. Mentar, Vallen, etc.

On the other hand, you keep posting deleted inflammatory one-liners, if I didn't think you were genuinely frustrated I would have called you out as just a troll, like flying.
Don't forget me representing from Canada. I was a little worried about what was going to happen here, but it seems everything turned out pretty much in the best way I could have hope for as an outside observer, especially with the rebuke to some of the more despicable Republican candidates.

Also I think this picture is relevant to the current course of the discussion: