View Single Post
Old 2010-08-24, 16:02   Link #804
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Wright View Post
But what in the holy name of Father Brown would Bern's counter to "there is only one culprit" be when she just showed that cluster of murders?

"Only one mastermind, that's what the rule means"?
Yes, the rule specificially mentions that there may be co-plotters there just needs to be a single black nature. In the Tea Party example you can easily concentrate that part on Kyrie, as Rudolph is clearly designed to be her 'mindless helper', as she even says that she was controlling him through a child.
That rule would have been much to easy to go around.

Dine's rules are just a bit too exact and restricting to actually be used in Umineko's context, therefore I'm still reluctant to really want them to count.

Quote:
It's been a while since I've read it and I can't check it now but isn't there a window in the garden shed? It was shown in ep4 when Battler found Gohda and Kumasawa's corpses there and at least I don't remember them locking and seeing anything but the main door in ep1.
There is a small window, but it is described just big enough to fit your head through, nothing more. It is impossible as an escape route and could be used only to pass objects in and out of that room.

And @Renall: Concerning the bomb business.
We have to distinguish between the solution we seek for each individual Episode and that which we seek for THE truth.
If we are searching for the truth there are some other things we also have to take into consideration.
- There IS an explosion.
- Eva survived the incident.
- Eva being in Kuwadorian after the incident is only possible if she knew both about the tunnel and the bomb.
This means that we also have to take into consideration that in the real truth Eva does get to the Gold Room. So we have to assume that there is a certain truth to Episode 7's Tea Party.