Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-07, 14:13   Link #45
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Hoe does that make any sense? If a game studio wants online components essential for their games, PS4 isn't going to stop them. You are completely missing the difference between "online-capable" and "online-requirement".

Please, do tell me what PS4 can't do that Always online Durango can?
Ehh?
If a studio wants their game only able to run, only if a connection is present, sony/ps4 won't stop them. My point is that, both consoles will end up being the same, for the western market.
Obviously most people will think, why develop for the xbox in the first place, if the ps4 is a better alternative for consumers. If MS can offer those publishers, no secondhand/resell of software on the consumer side, forwarding of personal information for marketing purpose and help with advertising, those simple moneyhatting offers, will be good enough reason for some to use the xbox as a main platform. Of course some titles will be make there way to the ps4 as well, but those studios will likely ask sony for similar features. They can either play ball or get sidelined, like what is happening to nintendo and to sega/dreamcast in the past. You can offer third parties open systems, but if you cannot offer them support as the competitor do, they will just leave.

Japan on the other hand is different, I don't think an always on console/games will be tolerated, as the secondhand market is huge over there, as far as in know. But then again is not like MS will be able to break into the japanese market anyways.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote