View Single Post
Old 2009-07-22, 12:17   Link #46
calorie

After pondering on whether I should give it a 7 or 8, my hand just went for the latter and clicked 8 in the poll.

Honestly, I am very surprised at how much I liked this show. I felt great unease while watching the first episode and the only reason I continued watching was because I'd already downloaded all the rest as well. At first it just felt like I'm not meant to watch this thing - now that I'm done with it, I feel a bit like Azusa after she joined the light music club, thinking "This isn't for me, what's with all the cuddling and being cute and childish"...my opinion has changed as well as hers.

The animation quality didn't seem that great when I first got into the show (compared to Haruhi for example), but later on I started thinking it was perfect. I don't know if that's also a matter of adjusting or if the animation quality really increased exponentially as the show progressed. As for the music and voicing, it's extraordinary. Every character has a lovely distinct voice and every single song has gotten into my daily playlist. There isn't much to the plot but I guess the creators of this anime were going for that "light" feel here as well; let's just say it certainly is original for the most part and enough to keep you glued to the screen till the very end.

K-ON! may seem simple at first but trust me, it's an acquired taste. The more you watch it the more you like it. I'm not the type of guy to watch something like this and I was still smiling in an odd, benevolent way throughout the show, watching it was pure joy.

Last edited by calorie; 2009-08-15 at 02:27.