View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 16:18   Link #3019
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
The most basic tactical voting strategy is to anti-vote who one considers the most threatening to one's cause. Considering the evident existence of the HnG faction, which is the Saki faction's rival this year, the Yui vs Hina match was perfect for dealing HnG the critical blow. I agree there is still a sizable K-On fanbase supporting Yui, but I highly doubt they can match Hinagiku's strength by themselves. Tell me, why would the Saki faction suddenly go support their rival against someone who probably won't beat Hina anyway? And don't tell me the Saki faction wasn't participating; that match day had the highest vote total this year if I recall correctly.
The Saki faction is not a unified coordinated force. Personally, I agree that Hinagiku is the bigger threat. However, this is not a unanimous opinion. Within the Saki faction you'll find people who legtimately think Yui is stronger than Hinagiku. They will tactical vote for Hinagiku to get rid of Yui who they see as the bigger threat. You'll also find lots of people who aren't quite sure who is stronger. They want to tactical vote for the weaker character, but they have no idea which one is the weaker character. I just can't see tactical voting as a significant factor when it's not absolutely clear who the target is. Even if 60% think Hinagiku is stronger and 40% think Yui is stronger, the effect of tectical voting is reduced to 20% due to votes canceling each other out.