View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 17:21   Link #492
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
I don't want to sound like a downer, but...what do you guys expect the attendance to be? I mean sure, go ahead if there's interest, but this thread was dead for almost 3 months.

Solace won't bother organizing this if there's a blatant lack of interest. If you want to take over, try to get a poll working, see how many people actually want SOTM back (+it gets newcomers interested).
That's a valid point. However can't really know what the attendance would be until you try. I'd probably go for a slightly longer entry period for the first one to improve the chances of some of us old geezers taking notice of it.

I personally would count 20 or so entries as a success. If there's less it might need a bit more time to simmer. I've been more or less gone from the forums for a year and I do have to admit the activity of the whole Fan Creations sub-forum seems to be down from what it used to be but then again a bit of a headlining event might help to rejuvenate the FC as well.

Anyway resetting the theme cycle will probably help as will the new technical regulations. I know that there are a few already used themes I'd love to have another stab at and looser regulations are an added bonus as well.
I believe I'm not alone.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote