Thread: Licensed Vivid Red Operation
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 21:17   Link #902
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Well, now I know that I shouldn't expect any sound logic from this show.
The fact that Akane was instantly capable of docking with Wakaba cheapens the whole drama of episode 2. What happened to the requirement of being perfectly in sync with each other?

The Alone in this episode also felt much less threatening than the first one, just an excuse to show a battle sequence.

This is definitely a magical girl show poorly disguised as sci-fi. Dumb fun, power of friendship and loli fanservice. Oh well, I have seen worse.

My only question is if Aoi and Wakaba keep their keys or do they always need to wait until Akane transforms? Because the latter option is kinda inconvenient...
It's good, simple, straightforward fun. The earnestness and sincerity of the overall presentation (including the seiyu works) and the excellent BGM takes it up a notch for me, making it something of a hotblooded, inspirational show. It has the same sort of spunky spirit as the Saki anime does, imo.

But yeah, I'm not expecting anything all that complex or deep here. And in fairness, this show probably doesn't need it.

The one "X Factor" is the mysterious antagonist girl, imo. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but she's giving me an Akemi Homura vibe...

In any event, very nice action-adventure show so far.