View Single Post
Old 2009-08-30, 19:51   Link #2298
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Look. "A guy must be able to fulfill the financial needs of the girl till the end of his life". "You must become stronger than everybody else". You must do this, you must become that. Yes. She's been forging him according to HER ideas. You can't seriously contest that, can you?
If you said she was forging into what he is both physically and mentality, I whole-heartly agreed.
However, Since she already loved him before "forging" him, he does not need to be an "ideal" companion for she to love him, nor does she needed to "forge" him into a better partner to love him, but a better man.

Quote:
She trained him into a capable SERVANT. Or, to quote Hinagiku: "It's due to this witch's strange ideas that he became so warped." - when Hayate explained why he couldn't date a girl, as A-tan kicked it into him.
She wanted to help him improve both his personality and strength regardless of him being a servant. She gave him the power to protect others which is what a man should do. Butler is one thing, helped him with his personailty and what he can become is another.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c182/6.html

Quote:
I'm not contesting that she has feelings for him, but it's a FACT that she trained him to what he is now. And as helpful and admirable Hayate is in most aspects, as stunted he is in others, particularly emotional ones.
Of course, she trainned him to become what he is, that is the only reason why the other girls fall for him in the first place.

Quote:
You ARE aware that she took him in as her butler, right? You ARE aware that she's the one who's ordering him around, telling him what to do, what to learn, what to achieve?
You do aware that beside being a butler, he was an immature boy with no ability, right? You do realize that she tried to correct his personality as well as trainned him so he could have the power to protect others,
right?
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c182/6.html

What to learn? What to achieve? His bavery? His determination? His courage? His protectiveness? His Immortal body? His strength? His cooking skill?His cleanning? Are you sure you are reading HnG?
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c183/4.html

Quote:
The first time Hayate wanted to do something different than Athena, what happened then? Do you remember?

Proof for what? That they're lovers? That's fine with me. My point is that they're asymmetrical lovers. Everything is fine as long as he agrees to do what she wants. But when he doesn't...
Do you mean when she allowed him to exit the castle? Or do you mean when she followed his wishes to go ouside the castle?
If you were talking about their battle, you must realized that Athena realized Hayate would go be in hell if he follows his parents, right? And you must know that Hayate already admited Athena was correctt, right?

Well, atleast you did not say they were in a assymmetical relationship anymore.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-08-30 at 20:10.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote