View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 17:26   Link #1086
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Ah, I see. I missed that, it does say that it's at 50 episodes. I wouldn't mind so much if it does end at the Frieza arc but I will miss Gohan's first transformation to SS2.
I actually think the end of Cell Saga would've be the perfect place to cap off the series with Goku passing the mantle on to Gohan and all, but I just don't wanna go through the whole rigmarole that led up to that point. I mean, aside from Gohan's awesome transformation (not just in power, but in character as well), there really wasn't much that I liked about that arc.

Cell is no Frieza or Vegeta in terms of antagonistic presence. Vegeta's character was completely neutered, going from killer badass to grumpy, second-rate tag along. There's no sense of that grand interplanetary adventure found on Namek, or the campy "invaders from space" fun from the Vegeta Saga. I also didn't like Trunks or any of the Androids. I think it was from this point that the series began to feel derivative, as if it were dragging along just to milk the franchise.

Maybe Kai could do a better job with it, but as it stands, I don't think I'd be in for round 2, even despite Gohan's awesomeness.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote