View Single Post
Old 2006-01-06, 01:26   Link #45
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
Not all of the Gundam fanfictions involve mecha and technical things. Even though mine may be technical (and I have no doubt that it will be more technical later on), you should check out the Gundam fanfiction section in the FF.Net.

Most of them, or at least half of them, are love stories that involves parings of Kira x Lacus or Flay, Athrun x Cagalli and even Kira x Athrun stories (which I will never read).

Also, I'm planning some Sci-fi/Fantasy novels to write as well. I have ideas (one of them based on Harry Potter-verse). Hopefully, I'll start on those whenever I finish my first fanfiction on my sig.
LOL I always thought I needed mecha knowledge. Problem is I would prefer having mecha knowledge anyway. I can actually write sappy romance. Done it before, but I don't like writing it much. I prefer writing magical battles with magical creatures and dramatic effect, but no one reads that. I must be weird. But it's true that the fandom prefers sappy romance with either angst or humor. My most reviewed fic is a complete evidence of that... The last chapter posted produced 20 reviews and I almost had a heart attack, while my Adventure fic produces like 2 reviews per chap.

Maybe I can go for sappy Athrun/Cagalli One-shots and then I'll shoot myself for writing those.

Edit: I'm gonna check out your fic as soon as I have some free time. Will save it in Story Alert.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote