View Single Post
Old 2004-02-10, 15:37   Link #8
Laone
Hopelessly Addicted

Send a message via Yahoo to Laone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiko
Am not new new i have dl'ed some anime already but never had the time to register for the forums but so far i have watched the following anime's

TriGun
Naruto
Hikaru no Go
Get Backers
Some...Popotan
Fmp
Fmp fumoffu
DBZ
Yu Yu Hakusho(dunno if its right spelling)
Escalflowne
Some .Hack sign

So suggestions would be nice so thx
The first anime I ever watched was Saiyuki and I was hooked from that point on, and I bought everyone Saiyuki disks for Christmas. Its comforting to know that after this series ends, there is Reload. Goku...in unlimited demon form...*drool*. There are 2 camps for Saiyuki, either you love it or you hate it.

If you enjoyed FMP and the "drama" of the love angle, (similar feeling to Escaflowne series, too) you may like His and Her Circumstance up until the last disk. The way the animation/cuts/cinematography was done was visually interesting. (i found the last disk sucked totally and was a waste, imo, yet for acceptable reasons.)

I personally love MSA (magical shopping arcade Abenobashi.) Everything about it, from transvestites to games to parody's on other anime's and well-known movies.

You may like Nadiesco (spelling?), though I didn't.

Hellsing may be another option for you, if you are into vampires and fake fruity english accents. Interesting and worth a watch. I've found several people who love it and thought it was the best ever, but for me, it was just good.

Twelve Kingdoms has action, fantasy, talking animals, and finally a series where the main character takes off her school uniform and wears other clothing and isn't trying to save the world after school hours.

X the tv series, except for the school uniform thing, was amazing. Action, loyalty, suspense, good crisp animation, tear-jerking tragic storyline.

cartoon network has several series on now that you can "sample", as does tech tv and encore action. From what i have read, Lupin the 3rd, The Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Fists of the North Star, Inuyasha are a few making the rounds, with Witch Hunter Robin coming on rather soon.

What i am interested in is how everyone keeps downloading anime. I'm new to THAT world. I've got a great PC, but never thought about downloading it before.

Hope these titles help.